Wednesday, March 3, 2010

My Fridge is so bright...I need to wear shades...

This is going to seem like the weirdest blog post ever! But I feel like it HAS to come out, so it is.
We had a leak in our freezer/ fridge that Mike had to fix. I told him- the heck with it, just buy us a new fridge! But no - you know Mike...So last Sat. he took everything out of the freezer and got down to business. Come to find out it was clogged with too much ice build up- from not being defrosted in ...oh about 11 years!!! Because we werent sure how much damage there was, we had to defrost the whole fridge at that point. So he took everything out and put it in boxes in our garage. Meanwhile I am at the grocery store ready to bring home food...that we put in the garage. Now when you defrost a fridge you dont just stare at it till it's done, you have to clean it too! And It was NASTY!!! I put alot of elbow grease into it but It sparkles like a diamond now! I seriously can't beleive how awesome It looks. I keep opening It up to see Its beauty. It's a whole new appliance, really. It was very satisfying to get it done. Like washing dishes by hand- another thing I've discovered I like to do. It too is very satisfying- to see it come clean and sparkle before your eyes...I will end on this: It's so bright that when I open the door, I literally hear the 'Whaaaaaa" sound of angels singing!

2 comments:

  1. Like the orange text. A clean fridge...that's an rarity, for sure. I'm not saying in your house, just in general. I think it's got to be one of the top appliances that doesn't get cleaned enough. Good for you guys!!

    Bets

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to hear angels singing from my fridge! I've cleaned it recently, but it doesn't take long to get to that point of needing cleaning again. I was actually thinking of doing that this week, but then reminded myself that I wasn't suppose to go into overdrive like I usually do! Maybe this week....

    ReplyDelete