Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Our life with Olliver Twist




Finally blogging about our new 6 mo old Schnoodle puppy! For those of you who don't know - a Schnoodle is a cross breed between a Schnauser and a Poodle. That means he has hair not fur, so he isn't bothering our allergies. We adopted him from a friend of ours who does animal rescue. He's not a mini, but a small breed dog.
Erik named him Oliver Twist- aka "Ollie". It fits him nicely too!

Plus- He's a vaccumm cleaner after every meal! (He especially hangs out under Matthew's seat...wonder why?...)

Minus- No shoe is safe! (course that could be a plus...I do like to buy new shoes...)

Plus- Mike is doing more walking after work...

Minus- Webkinz beware! (course that too could be a plus...)

Plus- Children learning to think of something else besides themselves.

Minus- Wet dog smell! yuck!

Plus- Keeps the cat from being queen of the house! (wait! or is she still???)

Minus- Can't walk away from food...Ever! At All!

Plus- I can see the Living room floor-children keep their toys picked up at all times now! (Now that I see it I'm not sure I want to... note to self- check on prices for new flooring.)

Minus- Couch cushions getting used to hide raw-hide bones. (Watch out when you sit down!)

Plus- He rarely barks and when he does it is a nice deep bark, not like a "yippee" bark.

Always good to end on a positive note, so I'll stop here.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Ollie, that's cute!! Like the plus and minus format. Can you post a pic of him? How old is he? Is he an outside dog or inside or both? LOVE the name Erik!

    Bets

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I forgot to add another
    Minus- Now using one word commands with Matthew, such as Sit and Stay.
    Bets- a pic?? Did you not see the one posted right next to my blog??:)
    I didnt know how to post it IN the blog though...I didnt see how to do it w/ this format...
    An In/outdoor dog. The boys have to take him for walks still on a leash every 3 hours or so.
    We have an old electric fence- invisible- but has been underground for 8 years, so when the ground isnt soo mushy we can train him w/ the invisible fence- that is Mikes plan.
    Thanks for reading Bets! I was long overdue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always check!! :) Keep writing. Ollie is SOOO cute!

    Bets

    ReplyDelete