Saturday, February 27, 2010

Pizza

Today I made what I thought was the impossible!
Pizza Dough. I was amazed at how easy it was and I don't know why I had a mental block before. Well maybe I do- a little.. Mike has always made the pizzas around here. He has used the recipe from his Dad. Everyone rants and raves about how great his dough is! So I guess I figured why try to compete with greatness... Somehow I just got it in my head today that I was going to make the dough. I threw all the ingredients in the bread maker and went to town! Most of the kneading and rising was in the "cheat devise". I took it out , split the dough and let rise some more. I used half white whole wheat and half white flour. The hardest part was rolling it out! It keeps rolling back to you! Mike kept trying to give me suggestions...but i wanted nothing of the sort. This was MY project, done MY way. Oh yeah- the taste...It was awesome! Siince I was on a roll...I made chicken wings too! Half- butter and parmesan, Half BBQ. I was real proud of myself.

4 comments:

  1. Look at you go lil miss domestic! ;)
    I make our pizza dough in the "cheat devise" too and roll it out with one of those ridiculously heavy stone rolling-pins. That way I don't have to muscle it so much. Talk about cheating...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Homemade chicken wings and pizza. Mouth is watering... Is Mike happy to pass this off to you now - the pizza making? Bev - I feel the same way about pies. It's just the one thing I've never really ventured into - seems scary to me because of that.

    Bets

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was I your inspiration, since you asked what I was making Friday night and I told you homemade pizza??? ;) I made my dough in the cheat machine too, but I don't use a rolling pin, I pat it out.

    But, I've never made wings butter and parm....please share with me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lauren- thanks for the tip! i will use my heavy rolling pin next time!
    Bets- Mike did not seem to happy about passing the baton to me...He has a certain way that he thinks pizza should be made, ALL by hand! He attempted to tell me how to "top" it too, but I reminded him of Pizza Hut days!
    Oh Pies! I am good at those, I have to admit...
    Yes Kristi- you were! I didnt realize it at the time though, It was on a subconscious level. I thought of it later after I posted my blog.
    Wings- Butter and parm. Just like it sounds. Melted butter mixed with parmesan cheese, toss to coat and bake. I pour the extra on top.
    John H. taught me that one- believe it or not!

    ReplyDelete