Sunday, February 21, 2010

Ready, Set, Go

Because I was at a loss for words...a rarity, I researched and found there are 4 things you must have in your first blog post.
First, introduce yourself...Most of you who will be reading this blog already know me.
I am the "crazy" woman who has 6 children and If the Lord wills it, hope to have more. My husband and I will be married 10 years this June. We have a 15 yr old (from my previous marriage) an 8,6,4,2 and 6 mo old. I enjoy reading , cooking, and sewing - when I have the chance. Really I am so much more than that and hope to show my many sides through my blogging journey. Which brings me to my next "must have"...My reason for blogging.
I am hoping it will be therapeutic for me to blog, like a journal. I have conversations in my head throughout my stay at home day that need to come out. Ideas about homemade foods, sewing projects, and health and wellness. Not to mention the ever popular discussions with the children that deserve to be shared. Perhaps I will remember them better If I write them down.
The third "must have" is topics to be discussed. I have so much to say but I'm not sure people will want to hear it... Seriously though I have a plethera of things to write about, from homemade yogurt to homebirth to baby wearing to being gluten- free and much more!
My sister Betsy has been my biggest inspiration and I couldn't have started this without her. My childhood and recently reaquainted friend Kristi is by far my biggest fan!
My church friends will surely get a laugh or two and maybe find something new.
My husband probably thinks I'm nuts...ok, he's not the only one!
The last "must have" involves you, the reader. Please feel welcome here and free to comment.
I will listen to anything you have to say, even If we don't agree!
Here's to my journey!


3 comments:

  1. You did it!! I think the first is by far the hardest to write. You're out there - Now open the flood gates!! :) I'm proud of you and look forward to reading everything you write!!

    Bets

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo Bev!!!! Doesn't it feel good to do this? I'm so excited to be taking this journey together! I agree that the first post is probably the hardest.

    I got to thinking this morning that this will be good for our kids to see. Good examples for writing habits for them to see it is a part of daily life and important.

    I love your post. And YES, I am a super big fan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome to blog land :D Can't wait to read more! :)

    ReplyDelete