Friday, April 1, 2011

Spring!




Spring is a busy very time in our home school! We are busy trying to fit in anything important we might have missed. I feel the crunch, as do most hs moms to squeeze in as much as we can before NYS mandatory testing in April. William is being tested at the fourth grade level this year. I'm a little anxious, trying not to let it show.

Every Friday we go to group lessons with our LEAH home school support group. William is taking Art, Wiggle cars, and Recorder/ Music class. Griffin is taking Gym, Music, and Cup Stacking. Breanna and Matthew are both in the PreK classes. Involving Games, Fitness and Movement, and Dough. Each family is to volunteer their time and teach a class when able. I usually am in the nursery, have taught Art in the past, but this session I am leading one of the Pre K classes. Dough, Dough, and more Dough. Each week they will work with a different homemade play dough. In the line up we have: Oatmeal, Nutty Butter, Rubbery, Chocolate and Kool-aid Play dough. Most are edible. Doesn't that sound like fun?

This year for the first time ever, we started our garden indoors from seeds. My friend Lauren came over with her 3 kids and we had a seed planting. I bought a starter kit for cheap at Walmart, but she is more thrifty than I (and I mean that in a good way!) and uses newspaper wraps for her pots. Really a neat idea and they were so cute! Our plants have taken right off! I will post our progress weekly.

No comments:

Post a Comment