Friday, May 28, 2010

#3 Favorite foods



Before I go on- you need to know that buckwheat is GF. It is actually a fruit and is in the rhubarb and sorrel family. There are alot of misconceptions about Buckwheat in the GF community, so I have provided a link to an information site.
click here
I have this as a hot cereal in the morning and I was surprised at how well it held my appetite till lunch. Buckwheat has alot of protein which helps to decrease fluctuations in blood sugar. A very hardy and tasty breakfast. You make it like you would cream of wheat or oatmeal. Reasonably priced as well, under $ 3 a box, with 9 servings per box. I need to make a bread with this and quinoa...I'll let you know how that comes out.

2 comments:

  1. I finally fouund this health food store near me, and discovered quinoa yesterday. What is quinoa like? The owner said I could make cereal with it or just cook it like rice. Do you like it? And by the way, cream of buckwheat sounds awesome! Bets

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was going to be my next post! so wierd that you asked...It is awesome!! I buy it in bulk at the natuarl food store. Cooked like rice. 1 c. quinoa- 2 c water- boil/ cover/ simmer. It has a unique taste...subtle- slightly crunchy- heartier than rice. very diversatile! I eat it cold or warm. with sauteed veggies or a meat. hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete