Tuesday, May 11, 2010

#2 Favorite things

These TERRA 'exotic vegetable chips' are DELICIOUS!!
There are 3 flavors- Mediterranean, Original, and Zesty Tomato.
I found them in the health foods section at Wegmans on sale and I had a coupon! So that brought them down to $2 a bag instead of $4 a bag. Much more palatable. I cant believe something so healthy tastes so good! They are made from root vegetables- which I love! (I make a roasted root vegetable medley in the fall and cooler months)
Some of these roots are: Yuca, Cassava, Sweet potato, Parsnips and Taro. The red chip is a root infused with beet juice extract which gives it that purplish color. My kids beg me to have some! I usually don't share more than 1 chip per kid though- as they are mommy's special treat. Some things need to remain sacred around here!


4 comments:

  1. Yum - these look yummy. I wish I could buy them right now. Tonight for a gluten free meal I had cheese and carrot soup. Sometimes being gluten free and on a tight budget isn't all that fun - I have to admit. Love you sista!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom introduced us to those a few years ago. It's been a while, so I don't remember exactly what they tasted like, but remember them being pretty good. The clincher for me now though, would be if it is made in a factory that also produces nut products. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Found something the other day at the grocery store and thought of you. They were beetroot, parsnip and carrot chips and SOOO yummy! It's fun to find gluten-free stuff to snack on that you love. The problem for me is keeping it in the house for very long.

    Bets

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Bev! Thanks for sending me your link!!!

    ReplyDelete