Monday, December 12, 2011

Friday night meal served up Ancient-African style





We recently studied Ancient Africa in our home school. The history text gave us recipes.
So the boys picked out a few and made a meal!
Fried rice with papaya
Plantains
Banana date bars
We served it all up with chicken.
The fried rice with papaya was actually very easy and delicious!
I am going to add it to our family's menu list.
I think we over cooked the plantains...and would have been better dipped in honey.
I wasn't sure how the dates in the banana bars would go over... but they too were a hit!
(and we used gluten free flour)
I read an African book at the dinner table before everyone took off!
They now have deeper sense of the African culture and I know they can cook!
Best of all the made it themselves and were very proud of their accomplishment!

No comments:

Post a Comment